Can consumers, authorities and all other relevant stakeholders be empowered to distinguish how clean and energy-efficient a vehicle really is?
The EU-funded GVI project will independently evaluate a vehicle and assess its full environmental performance. The aim is to turn complicated test processes into objective, important and complete information that consumers can easily understand. It will create a method to holistically evaluate a vehicle’s environmental performance over the course of its serviceable life. The project will establish an independent rating system to assess new vehicles’ performance for factors such as noise and cost. After testing, it will publish the 49 most easily available, low-emitting vehicles currently on the market.
- Project name: Green Vehicle Index (GVI)
- Grant agreement ID: 814794
- Official website
- Duration: June 2019 – February 2021 (18 months)
- Euroconsumers partners: ALTROCONSUMO | TEST-ACHATS / TEST- ANKOOP OCU | DECO PROTESTE
- Coordinator: IDIADA AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY SA
The GVI Project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 814794.