COVID19 Apps: Data Privacy & the consumer perspective
While progress has been made, we are only now beginning to see EU governments’ longer-term exit strategies to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Companies and governments all over Europe have been working on innovative technologies to fight the coronavirus pandemic. Our webinar, brought together policymakers, academics and Euroconsumers’ member organisations to reflect on the implications of such technologies for consumers.
The webinar was also be the opportunity for Euroconsumers to present the results of their latest research on the consumer perception of the COVID19 tracing apps.
The disuccsion was centered arount the situation in Europe and how consumers perceive the application of these apps. As well as the data protections issues links to the technology.
- Alberto Alemanno, Professor at HEC Paris (Hautes Etudes Commerciales)
- Alexandra Geese, Member of the European Parliament (Greens/DE)
- Peter Eberl, Deputy Head of Unit at DG CNECT, European Commission
- Mário Saraiva, Group Chief Information Officer at Euroconsumers
- Els Bruggeman, Head of Policy and Enforcement at Euroconsumers
- Gianpiero Lotito, President at European Tech Alliance (EUTA) and CEO at FacilityLive