Start talking webinar: crypto currencies – new kids on the block
Cryptocurrencies based on blockchain could be the biggest technological disruption of the last decade. In March’s ‘Start Talking’ webinar, Euroconsumers brought together a cross-section of people working in crypto to ask:
- Do they offer a transformative opportunity for decentralized payments, investment opportunities, new services and ways to create value, or expose markets and individuals to cybercrime, loss of accountability, not to mention huge carbon footprints?
- How can consumer organizations, working with regulators and industry help steer innovation to maximize advantages for society while minimizing the potential for harms?
- What does the underlying blockchain technology and the journey towards de-centralization tell us about the future of consumer market structures and interactions?
- Jan Ceyssens – Head of the Digital Finance Unit at the European Commission
- Carlos Lobo – Professor of Law at Lisbon University and former Portuguese Secretary of State for Tax Affairs
- Robert Kopitsch – Secretary General of Blockchain 4 Europe
- Natasha de Terán – Author of “The Pay Off: How Changing the Way We Pay Changes Everything”
- Marco Pesani – Chief Product Officer of Bitrefill
- André Gouveia – Cryptocurrency Expert at Deco Proteste
Moderated by Consumer Tech Policy Expert Liz Coll.