The EU energy labelling and ecodesign legislation provide energy efficiency standards for more than 30 product groups on the EU market. This legislation is bringing estimated energy savings of approximately 230 million tons of oil equivalent (Mtoe) by 2030 and is thus an essential element for reaching the EU goals of energy efficiency, economic development, climate and consumer protection.
For some market segments, non-compliance levels of 70% and more have been reported regarding missing, wrong, contradictory or insufficient product information that partly may cause a reduction of the expected energy savings and market distortion.
To support the legislation targets, the #ComplianceServices project is implementing supportive measures, such as:
- detailed product specific guidelines and FAQs,
- targeted webinars for suppliers, retailers, installers, etc. and e-learning course,
- various new and individual communication and discussion formats,
- one helpdesk-service to clarify the issues raised by stakeholders in collaboration with the EC
for the key market actors to raise awareness and to facilitate correct interpretation and application in practice as well as an effective use of the EPREL database.
The project consortium, consisting of 13 partners based in 7 EU countries, includes international and national supplier and retailer associations, national energy agencies, consumer associations and environmental organizations.
- Grant agreement ID: 101120843
- Official website (from April 2024): www.product-compliance-services.eu
- Start date: 01/09/2023 Project End Date: 28/02/2027
- Euroconsumers partner: ALTROCONSUMO EDIZIONI
- Coordinated by AUSTRIAN ENERGY AGENCY
Co-funded by the European Union as project n. 101120843. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or CINEA. Neither the European Union nor the granting authority can be held responsible for them.